Dating of france
No official announcement on the effect and/or progress of attempted treatments has ever been made. In January 2008, authorities closed the cave for three months, even to scientists and preservationists.
Geometric images have also been found on the walls.
In the environs of the village of Eyzies-de-Tayac Sireuil, there are no less than 37 decorated caves and shelters, as well as an even greater number of habitation sites from the Upper Paleolithic, located in the open, beneath a sheltering overhang, or at the entrance to one of the area's karst cavities.
This is the highest concentration in western Europe.
Those include the Hall of the Bulls, the Passageway, the Shaft, the Nave, the Apse, and the Chamber of Felines.
The cave complex was opened to the public on July 14, 1948.